The Ladies of the Saint Gabriel the Archangel Council are looking forward to the 112th Arizona Knights of Columbus State Convention in May 2019 at the Sheraton Crescent Hotel, 2620 W Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85021.
Saturday's Ladies Luncheon will begin at 11:30 AM, preceded by a wine-reception at 11:00 AM.
Our guest speaker and author, Brittany Ehrick, is an inspirational life coach who specializes in helping women through life’s hardships and difficulties. She helps women find the good in these difficult times because she firmly believes that “Everything is a Choice.” We are planning a very interactive and engaging program that will provide attendees with the tools and techniques to help one in all of life’s challenging moments.
As a charity outreach, we have also partnered with Maggie’s Place, a community of seven different houses of hospitality for pregnant and parenting women in need. Maggie’s Place provides for the immediate physical and emotional needs of pregnant or parenting women in need. In addition, Maggie’s Place connects these women to the appropriate agencies and resources including prenatal care, health insurance, low-cost housing, and education programs.
We will be collecting donations, both new and used, for Maggie’s Place at the luncheon. The following is a list of items that would greatly benefit Maggie’s Place programs:
- Clothing (maternity and non-maternity)
- Toiletries and personal items (shampoo, conditioner, ethnic hair care, deodorant, body wash, tampons and feminine napkins)
- Clothing (newborn - size 2T)
- Diapers (newborn - size 4) / Diaper Genie Refills
- Baby Wipes
- Toiletries (shampoo, body wash, lotion)
- Cleaning Supplies (dish soap, dish detergent, all purpose floor, toilet bowl & window cleaner, etc.)
- Laundry Supplies (free and clear laundry soap, baby laundry detergent, stain remover fabric softener, laundry baskets, dryer fabric softener)
- Kitchen-size trash bags
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Aluminum Foil and plastic storage bags
During the Ladies Program, there will be two different raffles; a regular 50/50 drawing, as well as a raffle for the gift baskets. All ladies will receive a raffle ticket for the gift basket raffle only. If you bring an item listed above to donate, you will receive an extra raffle ticket to be used in that same drawing. And, additional raffle tickets will be available for purchase. All proceeds will go to Maggie's Place.
We look forward to a truly inspiring and uplifting afternoon. Hope to see you there!